bridge "agraffe"

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:45:20 -0500

I don't know what piano this was out of, and John didn't remember either.
It was some no-name rodent hotel of no consequence that he had junked years
back and just saved the bridge top because he thought the termination
method was interesting. When he mentioned it to me in my bridge class in
Reno, I asked for pictures. I don't know what the bearing bar is made of
either, but it obviously didn't rust like the rest of the contraption, so
if it's steel, the plating was pretty good.

And yes, why the heck don't we see more of this sort of thing in pianos?
The piano this photo came from is long dead, but it sure doesn't appear to
have been the bridge ?? (how about clasps?) that killed it. Perhaps it was
too hard to dust.
Ron N