Steinwway K Double flange

Ajay Mistry ajaymistryin@yahoo.co.in
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:12:50 +0100 (BST)

Hello list have taken a Steinway K upright for repairs
its action is of type having double flange ie hammer &
damper both attached to the same flange on either side
with two center pins . I am having problem in setting
the hammer travel when the hammer is going right & I
put the travel paper to correct it the hammer becomes
straight but the damper also moves left .
      Does anyone out there have had experience for
setting the hammer travel while not disturbing the
damper alignment.
                 Also I am going to install both new
hammer heads as well as damper felts should I work
simultaneously or fix hammers first & dampers later or
dampers first & hammers later.
      Thanks a lot in advance.
                                    Ajay Mistry.

=====