casters

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:33:07 -0600

    Does anybody know which of the casters in the Schaff catalog can be used to replace the rear casters on the Baldwin studios typically found in schools?  As far as I can tell, the front casters have an overall length of 2 5/8" but the rear casters are only 2 1/4" overall.  (The toe block is not flush with the bottom of of the case).
    I asked somebody at Schaff and their response was that "The only thing you should be concerned with is the diameter of the wheel."  I disagree.  I have in front of me three different styles of caster, all with wheel diameter of 1 7/8".  But their overall height, from the floor to where the base of the caster meets the bottom of the piano ranges from 2 3/4" to 3 1/4".   The ones in the catalog also look like they vary in overall height, even if they have the same wheel diameter.  Why don't they give the overall height?
    --David Nereson, RPT