Hello all and black mold on piano catches question

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:38:17 -0300

Hi Tom,
I realize that it is not Corfam, but since Baldwin, does not supply them for free. I was thinking, that it would be the easiest route for replacement.
But then again, if the only problem, is the black dust, then perhaps a yearly blowout, will be ok.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Driscoll
  To: 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 10:09 AM
  Subject: RE: Hello all and black mold on piano catches question

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of John Ross
  Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 10:15 PM
  To: Pianotech

  Hi Julie,

  Baldwin used to have a kit to replace them. It was cut up pieces of material, and C/A glue.

  It might be worth while contacting them.

  http://atonal.ca/repair/bleather.html

  Check out this site for info on repair.

  Regards,

  John M. Ross

  John,

              The kit and repair were for the corfam replacement. This black stuff was the predecessor of corfam and although unsightly it does not cause the same performance problems as the" petrified "Corfam -IMHO.

              Tom Driscoll RPT