Glue cleanup on ribs

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:34:01 -0500

>Hello Dale. I'm looking for a few more details describing your (or
>anyone's) center-pin-anti-skid methods.

I use upholstery tacks. Like thumb tacks except they're longer. Clipped to
about 9-10mm length, they go through the feathered rib ends and about 5mm
into the panel. If everything is squared up and centered, the middle of the
long ribs doesn't skate enough to be a problem. If it does, that few grains
of fine sand John mentioned will help. Skating with Titebond, on Spruce
anyway, means you probably have too much glue. Pressurize the clamp slowly,
and it's not hard to keep under control - usually.

The ribs are already feathered, and I let the fire hose conform to their
contours with no additional spacers for clamping.

Ron N