Chickering concert grand serial numbers

Jay Mercier custombuilt101@hotmail.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:22:56 -0500

A Chickering 9 foot concert grand with serial number 15408 is listed in the
Pierce atlas as being manufactured around the 1850's - 1860's. This piano
doesn't resemble anything manufactured back then  - it looks more like a
grand from the 20th century. It does not have the square curve, nor is it a
square grand. It looks very original but not 150+ years old. It's not ornate
and with my little experience it fairly resembles a some Steinway D pianos
I've seen. Does anyone know if Chickering concert grand serial numbers are
in a separate catergory from the rest?

Jay Mercier

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com