How do you get them to shut the #%$@ up?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:51:31 -0700

"Subject: How do you get them to shut the #%$@ up?"

Mark,
<G> A familiar problem, to all of us, I suspect.
For several years, I have been giving my clients "The Piano, a guide to
piano owners.........", by Phillip Gurlick. When I hand it to them, I tell
them "There will be a quiz"!, (with appropriate smile). When they forget
about "quiet", I refer them to "Page 10, Number 18". I always get a
quizzical look. <G> After they've read #18, they usually say: "Sorry, I
forgot that you need quiet". Usually solves the problem. If it's the lawn
service, the roofer, the remodeler, the maid type of situations, I suggest
we reschedule for a "quieter time". Yes, I do lose the income for that
tuning slot, but I definately keep my frustration level lower and my
sanity!<G> Many times they will offer to pay for my time, (which I decline),
which puts me in control, for the next time.<G> Works for me.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I