Chickering Stringing Pattern

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:12:51 EDT

In a message dated 19/09/03 12:03:06 AM, phil@philbondi.com writes:

<< Jonas did some stuff that was 'different' - this one has me scratching my
head.

Why would the stringing pattern look like this? For what purpose? >>

Phil;
 It wouldn't really surprise me if this were indeed original but it sounds
wierd.... :-)
Check the back scale for runout between bridge and hitchpin........if the
runout is consistent and has side bearing than maybe it is ):-
 My guess though is that perhaps it has been restrung. Typically on
Chickerings with tied treble it is the left or right string tied  and the other pin
used for the looped string...........or sometimes it went tie..loop,loop..tie,
tie..loop, loop...so who knows..
 If it is original....I don't have the foggiest as to purpose.
Jim Bryant (FL)