Stuart Pianos

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:48:37 +0200

David Love wrote:

> Richard:
>
> Can you comment at all on belly design of these instruments (if you dare)?
> :-)
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Holy Moly there David ... grin... I havent even seen one of these yet.  I've
only heard them on CD's, and I think I've guarded my comments appropriately in
that regard....however....

I have a suspiscion... that if... and I mean if.... there is a weak point to
the sound of these instruments... it would be the area from F4 to F6 having
slightly thin stretched,  hollowish sound.  Perhaps thats the resulting
tradeoff for all that sustain otherwise in these instruments...  would make
sense .. yes ??

Funny you should mention belly design in this tho.. I had been wondering about
the effect of those aggraffed bridge terminnations and if/how they compare
mechanically to the Wapin system. You've been picking up a bunch on soundboard
design lately and seem to have a better begginners grasp of it then I do...
what about soundboards do you think could account for the sound of these
Stuarts ?

In anycase... they certainly dont have MY belly :)

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne