Ca pin block repair-broken tuning pin

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:57:02 -0700

At 07:22 PM 9/15/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>I would have to be in America and buy American style hammers, and then
>learn 'wet voicing'.....
>That too is just not done here, but that is understandable : all European
>hammers are hard and firm from the beginning and we are required to give
>them a cushion during first voicing.

It is excellent for Asian hammers, after they have been heavily played for
a few years. They turn to rock! If not overdone, just a few drops right on
the grooves give them back a little "cushion." And it's quick, and doesn't
change the overall structure of the hammer. If done carefully, the
definition of the attack isn't destroyed, and it is once again possible to
play below forte.