Stuart Pianos

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:54:45 +0200

Friends

I've been spending the past couple hours listening in total fascination
to 4 CD's of music played on the Stuart Grands that Katie Stuart was
kind enough to send me. I simply cant find enough superlatives to
describe the sounds I am hearing out of this instrument. Unbelievable
sustain... especially marked in the high treble where, combined with an
uncanny clarity... nearly chime like clearness..., a pianist is able to
literally paint sweeping long brush strokes of enchanting sounds I've
never heard anywhere. The bass is simply to die for... and reminds very
much indeed of the bass quality found in forte' instruments of old, yet
with a power and solidity that can blow you right out of your seat. The
middle ranges are full of dynamics potentials that will surprise and
delight anyone who listens... and immediately so. Always with this
astounding sustain and clarity.

This is defiantly no Steinway. It sets itself apart and stands alone,
and does so brilliantly. I'm not one for making the kind of value
judgments about primarily subjective matters... but this instrument
maker has definitely made a wonderful and unique
contribution to the world of pianos, pianists, and music in general.
These defiantly deserve to survive, and defiantly should be produced in
numbers far exceeding what is possible today.

I cant say enough how enthused I am. There is supposed to be one not
very far off... Newcastle area just across the North Sea... I'm booking
a ticket as soon as I can !

Cheers
RicB

--