vertical let-off

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:26:38 -0500

Hi Terry,

I'd decided I wouldn't get into this but I guess I will! Obviously. :-)

My question regarding your post of last night/yesterday is what do you do
about key dip/aftertouch if you alter the letoff that much from bottom to
top?

I prefer to have a fairly consistent key dip/aftertouch when I can. Even on
a vertical but ESPECIALLY on a grand! It just seems to me that a let off
from bass to treble like you mention, would make that very difficult!

Do you do the same thing on a grand? With the artists I have to deal with,
I couldn't do that. Most of them would notice! JMHO.

Avery