Money's no object

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:05:56 -0400

Fazioli.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 4:30 PM
Subject: Money's no object

Greetings list goers,
         I am in a position of trying to gather information for a church
who has a sky high budget to find a piano their music director likes. I
believe they are interested in a 7 footer. He, the director, has tried and
likes the Grotrian and the Pleyel. He has tried more than a few S&S B's and
was "under whelmed (his words)" by them. He disliked the "accelerated
action" specifically. He has seen the Petrof and was somewhat interested
but not for the main instrument so he may be looking at a 7' and possibly a
6' instrument as well. He rather dislikes the bright, harsh sound and
favors a full bodied tone quality. A man after my own heart! In the case of
a rather large budget with these tastes in mind, where would you steer this
individual? I even suggested a hand built piano like one from Ron Overs or
Stephen P. (I forget his last name) but it seems that he is trying to have
something in place by January as the donators of the money are getting
antsy. Suggestions PLEASE!

Greg
Greg Newell
Greg's piano Forté