Cut to the chase.. was Response to David A.

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:14:35 +0200

Here you hit the nail on the head David. BANG !! Square on it. I agree word for
word with the following paragraph... one hundred percent. The thing is tho this
has to be applied even handedly accross the board. Things go both ways.

John Hartman responded to Ron Overs in a recent contribution to this general
thread recently... read through this segment..

     > This endemic problem of not making waves is killing the potential
     that
     > we have to move forward in our industry. I find it frustrating when
     > hear comments from talented people who seem to be resistant to the
     idea
     > of progress unless it comes from one of the hallowed manufacturers.

     But Ron, I am making waves! Just that my waves say that we have been
     failing to meet the challenge of developing the craft and aesthetic
     understanding that is vital to getting the most out of the many fine
     pianos we technicians are likely to come across in our careers. If we

     would just do this many of the these engineering issues will fade
     into
     the background. If there is an "endemic problem" I think it is with
     putting science before art and craft.

I couldnt aggree with John more. Its not the John Hartmans or the Robin
Huffords who are telling the world not to do things their way. They are simply
pointing out the bottle's been spinned around and is in reality pointing the
other direction. At least thats how I see it. Let each and every one make their
own pianos in their own way... and leave it at that. Share your views and your
experiences in that effort.. but leave the rest out of it

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.