Apollo Serial Numer Location

James Elkin elkinjnj@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm looking for a hint on where to find the serial #
for an Apollo Grand. The only date information I have
is from the signature of Jose Iturbi dated 1935 so it
is at least that old.

Seems to have some Melville Clark features, but unsure
about others (only 20 bass strings, 8 singles, 12
doubles; Staib-Abendshein action, but hammers rise
with soft pedal).

It definitely used to be a player. French provincial
case with antiqued white/gold paint. I have some pics
if anyone is interested.

The piano is in California, and I am in New York
(family heirloom). I've looked in all the usual
places, but absolutely nothing looks like a serial
number. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim