Nordiska

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 02:24:29 -0300

Loaded question.
LOL
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: Nordiska

> FWIW, regarding the five-foot piano thing: I explain to folks looking to
buy a grand piano that - within a given quality/design range, the difference
in sound between a nine-foot and a seven-foot piano is not great - both will
have big full sound. The difference between a seven-foot and a six-foot
piano is significant, but the six-footer is still big enough to have a nice
full sound with good bass. The difference between a six-foot and a five-foot
piano is NIGHT AND DAY! The six-foot can have a full sound, but the
five-footer will tend to sound like a little spinet piano.