Qaliper Question

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:53:31 -0400

Hi Alan,
You've discovered the limits of calipers.  I highly recommend buying
the micrometer - one of my machinist friends doesn't trust calipers
for accuracy, as it's too easy to 'spring' the jaws.  Check out MSC
or Enco for decent prices on good tools.  If you want something to
carry around with you, consider the Starrett can seam micrometer.

Respectfully,
Jon