Qaliper Question

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:45:34 -0500

I don't own a micrometer. Maybe I should.

But my trusty caliper measures tuning pins, center pins, etc., very
nicely.

It's strings that give me trouble. I can measure the same string several
times and get 2-3 thousands differences in the readings. I think it has
to do with getting the wire exactly knowing perpendicular to the jaws
and then knowing how much to "squeeze" with the thumb roller ...

Anyone out there mastered the art of measuring strings with calipers?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

---