CA Glue -- New Idea (Maybe)

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:06:47 -0400

At 6:55 PM -0500 8/31/03, Alan wrote:
>It has occurred to me to put a very small drill bit in the ol' Dremmel
>tool and drill down through the TP collar. This would give a clear path
>for the CA to the actual place where the pin meets the block. I'm
>thinking deeper, faster penetration, less mess (maybe), and more holding
>power.
>
>SEEMS like it would work but I haven't tried it. Has anyone?

Yup, on a grey market Kawai 7'. It was the first of the five pianos
I've CA'd so far, to have TP bushings (or at least not pulled forward
by string tension, to have a gap at the base of the tuning pin). I
wasn't about to waste expensive CA on the bushings, so I drilled a
~.050" hole on the front side of the bushing (facing the pianist).
~240 holes tool 40 minutes.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Garth, Take me!"
"Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
     ...........Kim Bassinger and Dana Carvey in "Wayne's World 2"