OT Trig Puzzle

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:56:11 -0800

Richard,

I'm going to assume that if the circumference of the half circle is
equal to 10 cm, that means it would be 20 cm if it were a full circle.
I'm also assuming that the maximum area of the combined figure is when
the rectangle's sides are of equal length.

Thus, if 3D + piD/2 = 10 cm, then D =  2.1878 cm.

Are you sure this isn't geometry?

Sined,
Tom Cole