Pinblock Separation Repair & Pitch Change

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:25:10 -0400

It usually takes me an hour, with the proper equipment. (8" C clamps and a 1/2 drill and a long 3/8" bit) Naturally the epoxy won't cure in this time, so schedule an additional tuning for some time in the future.
The only unknown is the number of tunings to get it stabilized and at pitch initially.
Time determined by the customers requirements.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Strang
  To: 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 10:01 PM
  Subject: RE: Pinblock Separation Repair & Pitch Change

  I could stick my finger in the separation in the bass, but not in the treble. The bass separation is in a different place than in the treble, too. I'm not real sure I even want to do this job since the lady is happy with her 200 cents flat piano. How much time would you charge for this job? I'll probably have to put in 6 bolts.

  Richard