Knuckles/Graphite

Cy Shuster 741662027@charter.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:38:52 -0600

So *that's* what "Dag" is!  I've been meaning to ask... I thought it might
have been a euphemism for something you accidentally step in.  "The rep
spring grooves were full of Dag..."

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Nereson" <davner@kaosol.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 1:46 AM
Subject: Re: Knuckles/Graphite

>     For mass "re-graphiting" of jack tips, repetition levers, dowel
capstan tops, etc., Permalon or other similar substances seem to be in favor
now, rather than the graphite-based "Dag".  But I think Dag is still viable
if not applied too thickly and if burnished after it dries.  As for its
longevity compared to the Permalon-type spray-on lubes, I don't know. . . .
List?