Haines Action,, for real.

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:51:21 EST

Hello to All,

   The action we are discussing is a real
1931 Haines Action.  This effort was to
cut the cost of Pianos at that time.  Namely
the depression  (as in 27% unemployment)

   Haines was not alone in this effort. The
M. Schultz  and the Kimbler Co. of Germany
also attempted to built double escapement
actions  more cheaply.  These three were
actually put into production.

  Thump!!   The " Hickman" Action was the
reverse of this mind set.

   American  (Aeolian)  in essence said dam
the cost  we want the best performing action
ever built.  We want wide dynamic range, we
want  it to work each and every blow for certain.
It must be durable and easy to service

   At this time they had  Stoddard, Church and
Hickman working on this.  They were successful
but the timing could not have worse. The Depression.

    ALL   of the action  models mentioned   above (plus
twenty two others) in  working  form will be in the
Foundation Museum at the 2005 Convention in Kansas
 City.

   All of you who do not come to the National Conventions
and avail yourself of the knowledge and skills taught there
are  not only doing yourself but also your profession a
great disservice.

   I watch the reaction and interest of the people light up
when a subject like this comes up.  And to think most of
this will be in our  Foundation  Museum  within a short time.

           Real knowledge is a bankable commodity.

Regards, to All
and to our profession
Jack Wyatt