Haines grand rep springs (again). Is this a Hickman action ???

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:56:24 -0600

At 18:41 10/28/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>On second thought, this does look too modern ( the
>case ) to be a pre- "American" Haines. But if its a
>1931 piano it could be a  Hickman ( inventor of Amico
>"B" system "Bazooka" etc. ) action, or some other
>oddity from the R&D labs, that got schlumped by the "
>Not Really All That Great" Depression.
>       Never seen one. Only heard about them.
>
>      Truly Curious,
>      Thump

The one I have in my database is within 100 in serial number (78120 - 4'
7") and looks identical to Greg's.   I tried to have the previous owner
send it to the landfill, but instead they sold it to someone closer to
me.  I CA'd the pinblock last December, and hope that I'll get a call soon
so's I can again go out and take more pictures... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.