Hardener/Softener

Piannerman@aol.com Piannerman@aol.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:48:44 EST

In a message dated 10/28/2003 7:06:08 AM Central Standard Time,
A440WRMPiano@tm.net writes:

> Anyone have any experience using the hammer hardener or hammer softener
> stuff sold by Pianotek?  Results?  Any hammers that this stuff shouldn't be used
> on (in favor of what)?  Thanks for your help.

I'm not the most experienced around but have used the softener on a couple of
pianos.  Mildly successful but also had to needle some.  These hammers were
like rocks.  I have had faster success with squeezing (gently) with a pair of
pliers.  Please don't anyone flame me, I don't do Bosendorfer grands, these
were, like, J. C. Higgins old uprights and the like.  May not be elegant but it
worked for me.
Charles Cron