CA - Tuning Pins - Stellar Results

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:38:16 -0800 (PST)

Jeepers! I've put as much as 8 oz in a piano! When I
do a grand I turn it over and fill the holes up from
inside. I wear a mask, goggles, gloves, put a  fan in
the window and recommend that the customer go to the
movies. I also blow all the dirt from the tuning pin
coils and plate, lest some CA creep through and make a
lovely solidified mass of yuck out of it.
    And I pre-tune the piano as well as possible, too.
     The only problem is the occassional stalactite I
have grown from a tuning pin end ( stalagmite once the
piano is righted ). And some rim-top-to cardboard
gluing when I forgot to put plastic over the 2x4's
that the piano is resting on. Next time I hope to put
the boards further rom the front of the piano, so any
wanderng glue will drip on the rug, instead ( just
kidding)
     Thump