S&S - NY or Hamburg?

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:51:09 +0200

Sometime not absolutely sure and it is better to ask the factory (by Email I
understand they are willing to help).

Square ears : N.Y. - round ears : Hamburg. (I've seen on NY "C" with rouded
edges and a little slant on the aprt left/right the stretcher, wander if it
was a modification made by a refinisher, I can send pics.

Bon d'accord, ça se dit "les oreilles" en Français - right & left side of
the front case

Very Thick backcheck leathers nubuck : NY (generally never changed as it is
not necessary :)
assist springs : NY
Padded wipen cushion with a little felt around : N.Y.
Rounded dowels on balance rail, NY
Slanted wippen heel NY or Hamburg
round domes around the round apertures of the plate : N.Y.

White T-shirt with a red heart : N.Y.
Inflated engine turbo compressed : N.Y.

Large decal on the soundboard : NY or Hamburg first half of the century more
or less (what century ?) is it true ?
On most (recent ?) Germans, it is written only Hamburg on the plate,
capodastro part, on NY ones it is written "New York , Hamburg".

the list goes on ..
I have yet a B (1907) these days I can't say if it cames from NY or Hamburg
(not me unfortunately, but I tune it !)
I hardly look for a Killer zone on that one (and there is plenty of apparent
downbearing on the whole treble, more than usual )
Does not certainly need to have a new board screwed in, for that matter. The
tone is astonishing , get a full repair recently, all in Renner replacement
parts.

Greetings

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.