Leveling Sticks WAS: Steinway D key levelling (Hamburg model)

Cy Shuster 741662027@charter.net
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:10:45 -0500

Would a length of chain be heavy enough?  A sock full of pennies =
(finally, a use for them)?  I guess from Ron's comment I should go =
search the archives -- sorry to rehash old stuff, but since I'm =
learning, it's interesting.

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 6:56 AM
  Subject: Re: Leveling Sticks WAS: Steinway D key levelling (Hamburg =
model)

  I had never heard of this idea before now. Interesting. I think I =
understand what is being described. A rod packed with loose-fitting =
washers. The loose washer allows a key being removed to push up the few =
washers at its location without disturbing other washers sitting on =
other keys. Right? Where do you lay the washer-rod? Seems like anywhere =
forward of the backcheck would be problematic - but then there isn't =
much room behind the backcheck....... Additional info would be =
appreciated.

  Terry Farrell