Steinway D key levelling (Hamburg model)

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:47:47 +0200

The eveness of the height of the balance is very important.

I was instructed to leave a little arch in the middle, but was motly
on vertical pianos, then, this is a good method to anticipate the
wear.

For grands, I respect now the dimensions given by the factory, ity is
up to the tech to add very thin papers from time to time to level the
keys .

On Steinway, crown is necessary because of the keybed, so having that
curve does not mean that the attack angle of the keys differ in the
middle of the keyboard.

But indded I prefer a key level that "tend " to be higher in the
middle than the opposite.

Best Regards, and yes, my curved light rule is flat on the other side
!

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech