Lost Motion Compensator & Regulation

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:52:52 +0100

Hello Joey Recker
Thanks for the info. I have never come across this part in any upright =
in the UK. It is because of this I have not studied the mechanism. Just =
a case of "doesn't apply to me so skip to the next bit..." That business =
of putting all the hammers closer to the strings for softer playing is =
called "Half-blow" here. There are three ways in the upright of =
achieving a mechanical softer blow in the upright: Una Corda (yes, some =
old uprights actually use this - the main action rail shifts through the =
wooden action standards against a return spring) the Celeste felt =
(moderator in US) and Half-blow.
Regards Michael G (UK)