A Small Equation = inharmonicity??

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:04:58 +0200

Don, Michael,

The accuracy of those kind of tuners (TLA) is not that important,
regarding the possibility they give (a few pre computed streches, no
analysys, etc).

You are anyway obliged to tweak your work along, it serve mostly as an
"arm& leg job" (I've learned a new word!)
The same idea, many concert tuners have a Korg (leds display and very
cheap) for emergencies, harpsichor tunings, historic temperaments.

Not the same approach than modern EDT - I had a TLA CT for a few
monthes, sold it to a frind that reapir organs.
Never have been happy with the accuracy, nor the tunings.

They have it in their bag, will not tell anyone of course, but
sometime it is used (not for temperament, for pitch changes, and such
rush jobs)

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech