Brass Rail Tension

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:45:05 -0500

Joey,

While fitting the pin, (i.e. before the pin has been clipped to length) you
can slip the pin into one or both sides of the bushed butt and, holding the
protruding end of the pin, swing the hammer.  One bushing at a time lets
you equalise the fit between the two sides.  No way I know of to put a gram
scale on it, but you quickly get a feel for the right amount of friction.

Mike