Major and Minor Thirds in an Octave

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:33:08 -0500

Phil.
You suggest that there are only three major thirds in an octave and
four minor thirds in an octave.  What are you naming as the three
major thirds and four minor thirds?

I might not be on the same page with you on this but I would name
nine (9) major thirds; i.e.
C	E, C#  F, D F#, D# G, E G#, F A, F# A#, G B, G# C.
Any comments on this?
Gordon Holley
Associate Member, Indiana Chapter 467
Goshen, Indiana