O.T. Internet Spam /email virus attacks etc.

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:25:29 -0500

> Richard Brekne wrote:
>
>Get used to it... its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
>Word is that the battle is really lost... its just a matter of time and
>the whole darn thing will be forced to heavy duty regulations that will
>cost us money. Course I wont say that it has anything to do with the
>myriad of exploitable holes Microsoft built into their system thinking
>they could make money on them... no .. ... I wouldnt think of mentioning
>that :)
>
>ricB

Can't resist.

That's why I'm running - you guest it - Linux - with Win4Lin (allowing
me to run a real copy of Windows within Linux - giving me the best of
both worlds).

Also, running Mozilla (mozilla.org) - free version of Netscape and
OpenOffice (openoffice.org) - free version of MS Office comparable. Both
of which also run on Windows - since they are - free - you never have to
- buy - another version because of changing versions of Windows.

Guess who!

P.S. Since about 99% of the viruses are written for Windows - 8 years
and never been infected. So, for all you non-techies out there that are
in your comfort zone and in order to keep you and your system sane, you
may want to get off the railroaded train of MS and start learning
something else. I'll be glad to assist anyone who wants to give this a try.

Duaine Hechler
dahechler@charter.net