Standard Pitch

cswearingen@daigger.com cswearingen@daigger.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:13:43 -0500

Hello Everyone,

20 minutes for a pitch raise?  Ok, maybe.  20 minutes for a rough tune?
That seems to be a difficult proposition.  20 minutes for a fine tune?
This, I just don't understand.

Maybe I'm just slow but it's rare for me to complete a pitch raise under 30
minutes.  Then, for fine tuning, checking, and nitpicking the unisons -
it's a good 60-90 minutes for me.  So, throwing in a pitch raise, it's a
2-hour workload.

I've only been tuning for a few years so I guess if you've been doing it
for 20 years on a daily basis, you get to be pretty quick.

Any other slow tuners out there??

Corte Swearingen
Chicago

                      "Brian Lawson"
                      <lawsonic@bdmail.        To:       "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
                      co.za>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Standard Pitch
                      pianotech-bounces
                      @ptg.org

                      10/09/2003 03:09
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Brian Lawson;
                      Please respond to
                      Pianotech

Aural: Semitone pitch raise = 15-20 mins, rough tune 20 mins fine tuning 20
mins  checks 10 mins

times vary according to state and condition of piano.

then schedule another tuning for a week later

Brian