Apology to Phil and everyone

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:24:43 -0400

Phil,

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  This is one of those situations
where I can see now how you could understand something entirely
different from what I intended.  In comparing my ethics with yours I had
no intention of implying yours were lacking.  If I actually felt that
way, I would have sent you a private email, not one for the whole list
to read.

Rather, I thought, and still think, that your approach may be superior
to mine, which is causing me to do some deep thinking and
soul-searching.  What appears to be critical was an attempt to explain
how I arrived at my conclusions.  I thank you for what you shared in
your response.

I am a "people person," and I think a lot of my clients value that as
much as my professional services.  But you outshine me on that, no
question.  No, in all these years I have never asked a client to lunch
or sent them flowers for any reason.  I do take time to talk with them,
and they appreciate that.

It never entered my mind whether you were an RPT or not, but since I
must have said something somewhere that gave the wrong idea, I'm sorry
for that, too.  I worked as an associate for many years.  I attempted to
have ethical standards then as well as now.

Again, please accept my humble apology.

Regards,
Clyde