free standing Steinway Player mechanism

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:19:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/03 11:33:17 PM, calmunson@tds.net writes:

> Dear List,
>=20
> I was trying to understand why my customer kept saying his daughter was
> going to finish the "player" on his highly ornate Steinway Grand
> piano.=A0 (1900-1920 is a rough guess)
>=20
> Turns out it is a very attractive piece of furniture, highly ornate to mat=
ch
> the piano, with nice curves, that sits in front of the keys and over the
> pedals and is a free-standing player mechanism.
>=20
> Any information on this, including contacts (close to Michgan where
> possible) would be most helpful as they want to get it up and running agai=
n.
>=20
> Thanks very much!
>=20

I am a player piano technician in Wiliamston, MICH overworked but somewhat=20
available.
This is called a Vorsetzer (German), what they had before real players. If i=
t=20
is made to match the S&S case style that is interesting. I have a good=20
refernce library and can probably type it and so on, send me info if you wis=
h.