concert or not to consort? *grin*

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:21:00

Hi Micheal,

I could not agree more. I think you have misinterpreted my post. I was
suggesting that even 4 cents is to me a "pitch correction" rather than a
"concert tuning". I want the piano within 2 cents before it can be "truly"
concert level work, then I can just tune, and have the piano stable.

My "record" for flatness was -450 cents (to you 4.5 semitones) I pitch
corrected in one un over compensated tuning, and did a second over
compensated one. No strings "tore".

The current "world record holder" did a pitch correction of one hundred
cents in 300 seconds. Pretty fast no?