alternate terminology

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:09:05 EDT

In a message dated 07/10/03 4:36:45 PM, michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:

<< Thanks Patrick. I'm big enough, old enough and ugly enough to stick to the

real terminology. ........... Or have I started something? >>

Nah Michael you can't "stick to the real terminology". Mainly because it
doesn't exist in the "real" world. Merle's book is a testament to that fact. With
the same part having up to six or seven names in some cases and at least two
names in most cases there is no "real terminology". Manufacturers will call
their thingees what they want to and we will need to adapt to their desires,
until we can affect a change, or we won't get the correct part when we order it.
:-)
 So I'm back to replacing the rollers...ehh the knuckles....uhh the round
thingees under the shanks...eh shafts.....hmmmm the hammers sticks....you know
the thingee the round thingee glues into?? :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)