CC vs RC boards

Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:05:43 +0100

Hello. New member Michael G here. Have just joined your ptg group and =
have a whole lot to catch up on. We have such a lot of variations in =
name parts of the piano here in the UK from those in US that I find =
difficulty in following some of your advices. Just what is a CC and an =
RC board. I can guess the subject is the Sounding board, that the Plate =
Crowned board is that part where the bass strings have their own off-set =
bridge. Or am I on the wrong side of the board entirely? By the way we =
have "Levers" here where you have "Whippens" (and even the spelling of =
"Whippen vs Wippen" has had an airing)
Cheers  Michael G