A moving experience?

MarinoPiano@aol.com MarinoPiano@aol.com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:51:01 EDT

I just had an Knabe 5'4 Ampico delivered to my shop for service.  Three
qualified piano movers with a normal skid board did the trick.  The fact that it is
a Steck with an Ampico is kinda rare. I have seen a few Steinways from the
mid 30's that were ahybred player with an drawer with Ampico controls and a
DuoArt tracker bar and reproducing mechanism.  This was done I think because the
cases  didn't have to be elongated to accomadate a top loading spoolbox and
controls.

   This is a curious piano.  Is there any ID on the plate that confirms the
make?? What year was it made?  Inquireing minds need to know!

   Arthur