Voicing for sustain: was Downbearing and Tone

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:02:12 +0100

Mike Spalding wrote:

> Ric,
>
> Capo shaped to a 90 degree "V" with hand-held dremel tool grinder, then
> smoothed and radiused (1/2 mm radius, about) with medium and fine emery
> cloth.

 Just like I like them myself,  not much more you can do there for sure.

> Duplex tuning is pretty much dictated by the available space for the
> aliquots.  There are four groups, starting from the top: Unison, Fifth,
> Octave, and Twelfth.
>
> Mike

I suppose you went throught the thing about plucking the strings for checking
sustain time, so you are convinced its a voicing issue then eh ??

Thanks for filling me in

RicB

--
Richard Brekne