Let's Get Real, was: PTG Needs The Money

Pianotek2000@aol.com Pianotek2000@aol.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:19:51 EST

There are many of us that just don't monitor every list.  What's wrong with
responding to statements made on this list.  Why should we be diverted to
another list just becomes some think it's getting tooooo political.  Is there
a reason to make it more difficult to provide some constructive criticism to
the leadership.  Looks like they could use some help in some of these areas.
>From what I'm hearing, there's been some pretty bad management here.  If Wm
is correct that both hotels are managed by the same group, it's really hard
to believe we couldn't have found some professional to negotiate for us.  It
doesn't really matter how small our organization is. A contract is a
contract, and from what I'm hearing it wasn't honored.  Sometimes the little
guys get even more sympathy from a court when taken advantage of by the big
corps out there.

I really don't understand the sensitivity.  I guess I'll just keep quiet as I
really don't want to offend the group.  You all mean well, and I've learned a
lot from you.  I'm no expert, I just see three more years of increasing
problems.  Lower attendance and fewer exhibitors.  It would be nice to know
who actually is going to exhibit.  If it's just a bunch of piano displays.
That's nice, but we see them every day.

John

In a message dated 3/13/03 5:03:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,

<< Subj:     Re: Let's Get Real, was: PTG Needs The Money
 Date:  3/13/03 5:03:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time
 From:  dm.porritt@verizon.net (David M. Porritt)
 Sender:    pianotech-bounces@ptg.org
 To:    pianotech@ptg.org

 It seems to me that the cost of the convention, the scheduling of the
 convention, the blame-or-credit for who scheduled it when, the
 blame-or-credit for the lack of exhibitors, the general anger at
 "they" who did all this, falls into the category of PTG Politics.  If
 this is so, I really think this discussion should be held on the
 PTG-L list.  That's why it was created.

 dave >>