Pianobuilder Proverb

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:03:34 -0400

Terry,

Yeah, that's what they say.  The situation I found today wasn't major and wasn't my fault, but it was a
first for me.  I was installing a Piano Saver system in a 1977 Yamaha console.  When I came to install
the fill tube, I found that the kneeboard came to within 1/4" of the keybed, which is not enough
clearance for the tube!  Has anyone run into this before?  I'm sure someone has, but it was a first-time
for me.

Fortunately I didn't have a tight schedule today, so I brought the kneeboard home, zipped another 1/4"
off the top edge, and had a factory-neat job that filled the bill.  Did I charge extra for that?  Nah.  I
had already quoted her a price, and I didn't mind doing the work, just for the new experience and for the
nice customer.  Not always the case, I guarantee you!  :-)

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT