Mold removal---dire warning!!!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 06:36:49 -0700 (PDT)

With all due respect to Joe Goss, who certainly knows
much more about pianos than I do: DO NOT USE CHLORINE
BLEACH ANYWHERE INSIDE A PIANO !!!!!
    Chlorine bonds molecularly with almost anything,
and will then outgas for years, causing SEVERE RUST on
strings, keypins, screws, etc.. I tried it. Had to
burn a  very nice stroud upright, due to this.
     But I am about to try an oxalic acid wipe on some
mouse-pee-piano-keys ( rhymes ), and will post the
results.
     Thump