Mold Removal

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:50:56 -0700

Try this for more information.  Start with air, dehumidification and sunlight--and a good filter mask at least!

www.moldinspector.com/mold_killer.htm

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: William R. Monroe - A440 Piano Serv
To: Pianotech
Sent: 7/29/2003 8:30:38 PM
Subject: Mold Removal

Hi folks.  Wondering if any of you have any ideas about removing mold from a piano.  The instrument in question is a late 1800's Chickering BOU - Exquisite - Save for mold.  This piano is structurally so good, it is unbelievable.  However, it has mold EVERYWHERE - felts, leathers, wood, glue joints, etc.  I ordinarily would flatly refuse any mold removal work.  Not worth the health risks.  But this piano could be so nice.  Archives were not of much help, only relating to something or other POS, er, PSO.  Any thoughts out there?  I've heard of using dry cleaning chemicals, but am not sure how to apply.  Thanks for your help.

William R. Monroe
Assoc.
Madison,WI