Kimball with odd noises...

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:07:36 -0600

Hi Will,
I would suspect that you might find a foreign object in back of the =
strings at the top of the bridge.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PatchWick@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:54 PM
  Subject: Kimball with odd noises...

  Hey list! Something new after 24 years with my head stuck in other =
folks pianos....

  Here's the problem: I tuned a Kimball Console today (the piano is =
35-45 years old). Both E7 and F7 sounded their own pitch plus the pitch =
of the other. On closer examination I discovered that, in fact, the =
neighbor was vibrating as if it had been struck even though it hadn't.=20

  Anyone seen this before? Any ideas why it might be happening or =
possible cures?

  Thanks for your thoughts.
  will wickham