Warranties

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:50:20 -0400

One way to find warranty information is to check the websites of the piano
manufacturers.  Those websites should have phone numbers you can call for
service and support.

Another trick would be to find a copy (in the library or buy a copy) of
Larry Fine's book The Piano Book.  Warranty duration, what's covered or not,
etc., are summarized in there.  For example, some warranties are for all of
5 years, others may be for 10 years for parts only, etc.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Wayne R. Lutzow
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:19 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Warranties

Can anyone fill me in on the basics of piano warranties?

Still filling my new-tuner brain with trivia that needs answering
because of
customer questions.

I've been told all you need to do is buy the piano and you then have the
warranty.

One of my customers said her salesperson said she needed to have it
tuned
once a year to maintain the warranty (guess it's like an oil change).
Also
can she hire any tuner?

I think I know the answers to these questions but would like to her from
y'all pros out there.

TNX, Wayne...Sacramento