Posting to files@ptg.org??????

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:32:52 -0500

A better system for posting large attachments is on the drawing
board.  Unfortunately the people working on it are employed full time
at things other than these lists.

The software needs to be set up in a way that will allow posting
without compromising the safety of the server, but it also must be
set up in a way that can be used effectively by many people of
varying computer skills.  We're also wanting to make it so that no
one person has to do it manually as is the case with the current
files@ptg.org system.  Making the system work easily, securely and
automatically will take a little time.  Please be patient!

Thanks,

dave

On 7/29/2003 at 7:57 AM Joseph Garrett wrote:

>HMMMMMM?! I posted the Lowell DownBearing Gauge Instructions to
>files@ptg.org. They immediately "bounced" back to me!!!!!!, saying
that the
>files needed to be "approved" by the administrator, or some such!
Now I
>have
>9 files sitting in my IN box! I assume that the files will be
approved.
>However, How the Hell do I know if/when that will happen????????
This
>system
>seems to lack a bit of userability, IMO.
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>
>Been There, Didn't Like It, So I'm Here To Stay! [G}

**************** END MESSAGE FROM  Joseph Garrett
David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts