Vodka vs Wood Alcohol/Joe Goss

cswearingen@daigger.com cswearingen@daigger.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:00:29 -0500

I'll use 50/50 alcohol/distilled water solution and, while I'm soaking the
hammers, I promise to drink a vodka straight up.  Hopefully, it won't take
long to finish the job or I might be in big trouble!

One further question to all of this.  Because the piano is not very old and
the hammers are so tight, is there any possibility that soaking the hammers
with the solution will cause them to split?  I'm not even sure this is a
valid question but I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Corte

                      "Joseph Garrett"
                      <joegarrett@earth        To:       <pianotech@ptg.org>
                      link.net>                cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Vodka vs Wood Alcohol/Joe Goss
                      pianotech-bounces
                      @ptg.org

                      07/29/2003 09:50
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Pianotech

"Vodka is a better deal1 See articles by Susan Kline
Joe Goss"

Joe,
Why? Most vodka is 80proof, (that translates to 40% alcohol). I've found
that that's too much water and not enough alcohol. Thereby, it does not
penetrate sufficiently, for my "taste". Being raised in Night Clubs,
Gambling Halls, etc., I feel that Vodka is for drinking and not Pianos!<G>
Susan's fanaticism is boorish, IMHO! Her concerns for "health hazard", is
unwarranted, if proper precautions are taken.

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)